~Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from Him.~ Psalm 127:3

Friday, July 2, 2010

So I came across Ashlynne crying, and didn't know what was wrong...

Mommy: Ashlynne, why are you crying, honey?
Ashlynne: (sniff) Nothing.
Mommy: Is something wrong?
Ashlynne: *shakes head*
Mommy: Did you get hurt?
Ashlynne :(tears dripping onto her blankie) No.
Mommy: Do you need something?
Ashlynne: I don't know. No.
Mommy: So, you're just crying?
Ashlynne: Yup.


Great. And she's only two. I can hardly wait for the teen years in our house. Maybe it will go something like this:

Mommy: Why is everyone crying?
5 teenage girls: NOTHING!
Mommy: Is something wrong?
5 teenage girls: *shake heads which are buried in pillows, elbows, and such*
Mommy: Did you all get hurt?
5 teenage girls: (rivers of tears dripping onto the floor and flowing down the hallway) NOOOOOO!
Mommy: Do you need something?
5 teenage girls: We don't know. Do we need something? Maybe. What could it be? Why do you ask, now we're confused...NO!
Mommy: So, you're just crying?
5 teenage girls: *muffled sobs and hysterical boohooing*
Yup. I can just see it!

3 comments:

  1. Help!! I'm crying and I don't know why! Oh wait a minute, yes I do. Lou is gone.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, don't cry! =( He'll be back before you know it! (I know, a very empty thing to say, but I hate to think of you crying =( =( ).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how precious! :) It's the joy of having children, never a dull moment.

    ReplyDelete